Rails on Docker
Rails on Docker is the complete course showing you how to use Docker in the development, testing and deployment of your Ruby on Rails apps.
Rails on Docker is delivered as DRM-free eBook, viewable on mobile, laptop, desktop, and eReader/Kindle
🎉 New in Version 3.0!
New release in July 2022 includes:
- A complete rewrite of the content.
- Fully updated to be compatible with Rails 7.0 and ruby 2.7.
- Use Digital Ocean App Platform and associated services for production deployment.
- Update code samples to use
- Add 🏷 tags to reference tags in the sample code repository.
- Multiple improvements and fixes to content and the code.
📚What You'll Learn
Through the Rails on Docker course, you'll learn:
- What Docker is, why you should use it, and how to get started with Docker and Docker Compose.
- How to use Docker to simplify your development workflow (and make development across teams easy) by building a complete Rails application from scratch.
- How you can use Docker to split your app's various services into multiple containers and services.
- How Docker simplifies Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD), and helps ensure you have development, test and production environment parity.
- How you can use Github Actions to build a CI/CD pipeline.
- How to deploy your Docker-based app into a production environment (Digital Ocean App Platform), with scheduled (cron) jobs, asset hosting, and more.
- How you can design your apps around “disposable infrastructure” to let you quickly run your apps anywhere, and scale to any size.
After working through this course, you'll be ready to migrate your own Rails apps to Docker, consolidate your development environment and workflows, and make deployment easy and predictable.
📦 What You Get
- The eBook course in multiple formats (PDF, ePub, and mobi for older Kindle devices) suitable for reading on any device - mobile, desktop, tablets and Kindle.
- Free updates to any new releases of the book.
🙏 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Rails on Docker comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
If within 30 days of purchasing the product, you're not entirely satisfied with the course for any reason, let me know and I'll refund your purchase in full.
👋 Who wrote this course?
Rails on Docker is written by Chris Blunt, a software consultant and developer based in Plymouth, UK. Chris has been using Rails to build web applications since 2008.
Today, Chris works with clients to support and develop their apps for the long-term. He also provides consulting and technical training for software businesses and developers who are building products with Ruby on Rails and supporting technologies such as Docker.
You can find out more about Chris' professional software services at plymouthsoftware.com. He also (occasionally) writes at chrisblunt.com.
To connect, follow @cblunt on Twitter and cbluntuk on LinkedIn. If you have any questions about the course or content, please reach out on social media, or get in touch.
❓I have a question...
Great! I'd love to help - please get in touch here, or send a message to @cblunt on Twitter if you have any questions!